Last Updated on March 27, 2023 by Katie Sisel Distributor
Looking for Non Products Products
10 FREE Healthy Living Tips
Your health is in your hands, take
responsibility for it, learn as much as you can, live healthy by following these
- You have the power to choose. Knowledge is the key to choice. Accept responsibility for your health and well being, gain knowledge to live healthy.
- Identify any individual allergies or intolerances you have to certain foods and or toxins. Many health professional says that true allergy tests can only be determined by a process of elimination, eliminate the food from you diet and then reintroduce it, a qualified dietician can help you.
- Healthy living means empowering yourself to make healthy lifestyle changes by reading life changing books (and/or listening to CDs/attending seminars).
- Live healthy by minimising exposure to all avoidable toxins. The first and easiest place to start is to change your personal care by using a brand that contains no harmful ingredients.
- Eat certified organic/bio dynamic, whole, properly constituted, unrefined, raw food as possible and maintain a healthily alkaline/acid balance. Try to eat at least 2 servings of fruit and 5 vegetables a day. Fruit and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and photonutirents. The building blocks of life. Green vegetables are extremely good for you. Chlorophyll present in green vegetables is a natural chelating agent which can help remove heavy metals from the body.
- To expect good health you need to drink adequate amounts of filtered water. We recommend Wellness Water filters. Drink 6-8 glasses per day.
- Start to exercise. Movement is key to a healthy life. Muscle mass to fat ratio, flexibility and strength are key markers in the aging process. How well do your rate in each of these categories? 30 minutes a day walking is a good start. Include stretching in your weekly routine and you will improve your flexibility. Activities like yoga and pilates are great for the body mind and soul. Weight training or resistance exercise is the best way to increase your muscle mass. If exercising is painful due to spinal or muscle imbalances see a qualified physioterapist, chiropractor, or osteopath. Physiotherapists generally provide you with exercises to correct or manage your condition.
- Sleep is really important. Your body needs time to recover, heal and regenerate. Get adequate amounts of sleep to ensure your body has plenty of time to re-energise.
- Ensure your body receives an optimum supply of nutrients. A hair mineral analysis is one form of measurement. A healthy body needs an optimum supply of nutrients. For extra support we recommend supplementing your diet with a practitioner brand antioxidant, colloidal mineral, and vitamin C, plus immune support like allimax. Eat plenty of omega 3 rich fish, the best types are the naturally oily fish.
- Healthy living also means feeling healthy both physically and mentally — you can assist your mental state by maintaining a philosophical approach to life and engage in healthy activities that let you relax i.e. walking, yoga etc.*
*These can result in reduced stress levels and improve your life coping skills.
Additional healthy living tips, going the extra mile:
- Use a shower filter to reduce your exposure to Volatile Organic Compounds.
- Remove all harmful chemicals from around the home, use Enjo or natural cleaning agents.
- Use glass to store food where possible. Avoid plastic wrap coming in direct contact with food. If using plastic wrap use Glad wrap instead of a generic brand of plastic wrap which normally contain PVC’s (phthalates). Never heat plastic in a microwave oven or dishwasher.
- Open windows instead of using air fresheners.
- Spend more time outdoors than in. e.g. clean fresh air.
- Reduce the amount of refined sugar in your diet. This means any food that has sugar added to it. You would be surprised how much could be in your diet. Refined sugar is devoid of any vitamins and minerals it is basically empty calories. In fact the body has to use up precious stores of vitamins and minerals to excrete it from the body which is more likely to leave you feeling tired. Excess sugar causes an imbalance in insulin levels which can result in feelings of fatigue.
- Avoid eating foods with additives.
- Be conscious of all potential sources of chemical exposure and reduce where at all possible.
- Use natural remedies where possible.
- Fill your day with feelings of love, gratitude and kindness!
A useful link that has great healthy living tips >>> http://www.mercola.com/ — Be mindful that some of the information on this website is not accepted by conventional medicine so be careful not to take it as gospel.